Electrocoagulation (EC) uses a very low voltage electrical charge to treat a wide variety of wastes including oil & grease, metals, TSS and more. The Zap-It™ process involves placing the contaminated water in a specialized container and applying a small electrical charge. Contaminants are immediately separated from the water. This Green Technology removes and oxidizes heavy metals and other difficult toxins and will generally pass the TCLP test.
Zap-It™ Benefits Include
Zap-It Demonstration Kit
- Quickly removes suspended solids, heavy metals, and oil and grease from the water
- Cleaned water can be discharged to the sewer or reused
- Economical per gallon fees of approximately $0.003 per gallon
- No filters to clean, backwash or remove
- Completely automated and easy to operate
- Remote monitoring capability
- Other than NaCl and pH control, no chemicals necessary
- Recycling water saves money by reducing sewer discharge fees & water consumption costs
- Environmentally friendly
The Clarus Zap-It™ system can handle 5 to 400 gallons per minute with an average cost of approximately $0.003 per gallon, making it very economical. The Zap-It™ EC system has a completely automated PLC (Programmable Logic Controller), economizes on floor space and can be customized to fit your specific company’s needs.